Monday, September 21, 2009

Will of Susanah Henthorn - 17990202

Will of Susanah Henthorn
Ohio County, Virginia
2 Feb 1799
Book 1, Page 47


In the name of God Amen; I Susanah Henthorn of the County of Ohio being very sick & weak in health of Body but of perfect mind & memory thanks be given unto God Calling unto mind the mortallity of my body & knowing that it is appointed for all women once to die do make and ordain this my last will and Testat. that is to say principally I first of all I give & recomend my soul into the hand of allmighty God that give it & my body I recomend to the earth to be buried in decent Christian Burial at the discretion of my Execus. nothing doubting but at the general Resirection I shall receive the same again by the might power of God and as touching such worldly Estate wherewith it has pleased God to bless me with in his life for all my Just debts to be paid. I give demise and dispose of the same in the following maner & form.

First, I give & bequeath to my beloved Son James my horse and potcrock, second I give & bequeath to my son Adam one third of my plantation & one cow & bed & beding, third I give & bequeath to my grandson William, the son of James the remainder part of the place, fourth I give & bequeath to my daughter Sarah one cow & heifer & a black gound what with paying Mary the half price one dutch oven three puter plates a pair of tongs & a bible, fifth I give & bequeath to my daughter Mary two heifers one of them a springing to calf a gound & a peticoat a puter dish & five plates & four spoons and a apron.

Sixth I give and bequeath to my daughter Rebeca a cloak a iron kittle a spining wheel a crack dish and four plates and five spoons and plow irons one of the old Baggs a knife and fork and a piggin for Lydia: Seventh I give & bequeath to my daughter in law Elizabeth the Remainder part of my movebables. I appoint my son James to be my Executor for this and this is my last will and all others to be void.

Signed before us the second day of February, in the year of our Lord one thousand Seven hundred & ninety nine

Witness Present Enterline before signed

Andrew White her
Wm. Howell Susanah x Henthorn
David Howell mark

Copy Teste
Moses Chapline Clk

*****
Email: Dick.Henthorn@gmail.com
Posted: 21 Sep 2009
File: 17990202.txt

No comments: