Monday, September 21, 2009

Will of James Henthorn - 17750311

Will of James Henthorn
11 Mar 1775
Berkeley County, Colony of Virginia

Will filed at the Court House, Martinsburg, West Virginia, Book I, Page 53.

In the name of God Amen; this eleventh day of March, in the year of our Lord 1775, I JAMES HENTHORN, of Berkeley County, in the Colony of Virginia, being sick and weak in body, but of perfect mind and memory, thanks to Almighty God, for all his mercies and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die; I therefore first of all Recomment my soul to Almighty God that gave it to me, and my body to the Earth, to be buried in a Christian like manner, at the discretion of my Executers hereafter named, and as touching such worldly estate as it hath pleased Almighty God to bless me with in my life; I will and dispose of in the following manner; that is to say principally and first I will that all my just debts and charges be first paid and discharged.

ITEM - I Will and bequeath to Mary, my beloved wife, and my estate both real and personal, during her natural life, and I do constitute and appoint Mary, my beloved wife, and my son James Henthorn, to be my Executors of this my last will and testament.

ITEM - I give to my eldest daughter, Mary Jackson, one shilling sterling to be paid at her Mother's decease, which I allow to be her full share of my Estate.

ITEM - I give to my son, Adam Henthorn, twenty pounds, Pennsylvania money, to be paid at his Mother's decease, which I allow to be his full share of my Estate.

ITEM - I give to my daughter, Ann Watson, one shilling sterling, to be paid at her Mother's decease, which I allow to be her full share of my Estate.

ITEM - I give to my son, James Henthorn, before named, thirty pounds Pennsylvania currency, to be paid at his Mother's decease, which I allow to be his full share of my Estate.

ITEM - I give to my son, William Henthorn, thirty pounds Pennsylvania currency, to be paid at his Mother's decease, which I allow to be his full share of my Estate.

ITEM - I give to my daughter, Sarah Collins, one shilling sterling, to be paid at her Mother's decease, which I allow to be her full share of my Estate.

ITEM - I give to my daughter, Susannah Robb, twenty pounds Pennsylvania currency to be paid at her Mother's decease, which I allow to be her full share of my Estate.

ITEM - I give to my son, John Henthorn, fifteen pounds Pennsylvania currency to be his full share of my Estate.

ITEM - I give to Joseph Henthorn, the son of my son Adam Henthorn, five pounds Pennsylvania currency, to be paid when the above legacies come due.

ITEM - I give to Mary, the daughter of George Watson, ten pounds Pennsylvania currency, to be paid when the above legacies come due.

ITEM - I will that my now dwelling Plantation be sold as soon as possible after my decease, at the direction of my Executors and I allow James Yelligin, on his behaving well, the remainder of his service twenty shillings Pennsylvania currency, when free.

ITEM - I will that the remainder of my Estate, if any there be, shall be equally divided among all my sons and daughters before mentioned. And I do revoke, disallow and disanull all former Wills, Legacies, Executors by me before made, or named or ordained, ratifying and confirming this and no other, to be my last Will and Testament in the presence of us.

s/JAMES HENTHORN

Sealed and declared and prenounced by James Henthorn to be his last Will and Testament, in the presence of us, John Johnson, Valentine Stillman, Daniel Estall and John Champion. At a Court held for Berkeley County, the 21st of May 1776.

This last Will and Testament of James Henthorn deceased, was presented in Court by James Henthorn, Executor, and Mary Henthorn, Executrix, Therein named, who made oaths thereto and the same being proved by the oaths of Valentine Stillman, Daniel Estell and John Champion, Witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded and on the action of the said Executors who entered into Bond with John Champion and Amos Nicholas, their securities in the Penalty of one thousand pounds, conditioned for their true and faithful administration of the said Estate, certificate is granted them for obtaining a Probate thereof in due form of Law.

Teste,
W. Drew -- C. CWD.

******
Email: Dick.Henthorn@gmail.com
Posted: 21 Sep 2009
File: 17750311.txt

No comments: