Monday, September 21, 2009

Will of David Watson - 17690102

Will of David Watson
2 Jan 1769
Frederick County, Province of Maryland

PROBATE: Last Will and Testament of David Watson
2 Jan 1769, Frederick Co., Maryland

In the Name of God Amen Know all Men by these Presents that I
David Watson of Frederick County and Province of Maryland
Farmer, being weak in Body but of sound Mind and memory;
revoking all former Wills by me heretofore made, do make this
my Last Will and Testament in manner and Form following. Imprimis
I leave and bequeath to my son John Wattson five pounds
Sterling. Item to my son George Wattson five pounds Sterling.
Item To my Daughter Mary Fugate five pounds Sterling which
several Legacies are to be paid to the Respective Legates
Provided the Lands I expect to hold become my property, and
not otherwise, Likewise it is my Desire and full Intention that
M. Henry Hall Convey to my Daughter Mary Fugate and her Heirs
One hundred and Sixty five acres of Land including the Houses and
Cultivated Lands and Spring whereon She now Dwelleth, which
said Lands are part of the Thousand Acres Sold to Michael
Miller. Item I leave to my Daughter Mary all that quantity of
Land which George Coler stands obligated to make over to me or
my Heirs, Provided the said Mary or her Husband Peter Fugate
pays unto the said George Coler or his Heir's the Purchase agreed
upon between him and me. Item It is my Will and Desire that my
Wife Sarah and my Son William be joint Heirs and Inheritors of
all the Residue of my Estate both Real and Personal. Likewise I
Constitute and appoint my Wife Sarah and my Son William Wattson
Joint Executors of this my Last Will and Testament In Witness
and Confirmation of all and Singular the foresaid Premifses I
have hereunto affixed my hand and Seal this second Day of
January 1769

s/David Watson {Seal}

Signed Sealed and perfected in the presence of
Jos Perry
Andrew Hoover
Peter (his mark)Knowls

On the back of the aforegoing Will was thus Written Viz.

On the 13th Day of February 1769 Came Peter Knowles one of the
Subscribing Witnesses to the aforegoing Will and made Oath on
the Holy Evangelists of Almighty God that he did see the
Testator David Wattson Sign and Seal the said Will and heard him
publish pronounce and declare the same to be his Last Will and
Testament, and that at the Time of his so doing he was to the
best of his apprehensions of Sound disposing mind & memory
and that he also saw Joseph Perry and Andrew Hoover the other
Subscribing Witnesses to the said Will Sign their Names as
Witnefses thereto and in presence of the Testator and in
presence of him.

Sworn before s/JBowles Depy Com
Examined Fred. County

[Note: This will typed, by Richard E. Henthorn, on 20 Aug 1998, from a copy of the orignial obtained by Clive F. Watson.]

(Source: Prerogative Court Records (Wills) Frederick County, Maryland, 1769. Liber 37, Folio 293-294, SR 4431, Maryland State Archives - furnished by Rosemary A. Colvin and Clive F. Watson)

******
Email: Dick.Henthorn@gmail.com
Posted: 4 Aug 1998
Revised: 21 Sep 2009
File: 17690102

No comments: