Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Will of Sarah (Ridgeway) Henthorn - 18610518

Will of
Sarah (Ridgeway) Henthorn
Monongalia, VA
18 May 1861

In the name of God amen.

I Sarah Henthorn of Monongalia county and State of Va, being somewhat weak in body, but of sound and perfect mind and memory, blessed be Almighty God for the same, do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form following, that is to say

First, after my funeral expense is paid and all my just debts, I give and bequeath to my daughter Mary all my real estate suppose to be forty four acres which is my maiden estate, also all my household and kitchen furnature, also what grain I may have on hand or what may be growing in or on the ground.

Secondly, I do also give to my other four children, Lott Henthorn, Nancy Stuart, Juley Everly and James Henthorn the balance of my estate, equally between them all, say what stock I may have and what money I may have is to be equally divided between the four above mentioned, this my last will and testament revoking all former wills by me made.

In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 18th day of May 1861.

John Rude Sarah (X) Henthorn
Thomas Jaco Witneses
James House

At a county court held in and for Monongalia county October term 1861.

The last will and testament of Sarah Henthorn, deceased was this day produced to court, duly proven by the oaths and exam. of John Rude and James House, two of ...

*****
Email: Dick.Henthorn@gmail.com
Posted: 22 Sep 2009
File: 18610518.txt

No comments: