Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Will of Jacob Baker - 18521113

Will of Jacob Baker
Monroe Co., OH
13 Nov 1852

In the name of God, Amen, I Jacob Baker of Monroe Co. being in tolerable good health of body and of sound mind memory and understanding, thanks be to God for the same, but considering the certainty of death and the uncertainty of the time thereof and being desirous of settling my worldly affairs and therefore be the better prepared to leave this world when it shall please God to call me hence, to therefore make and arrange this my last will and testament in manner and form following:

First, I commit my soul to the hands of the Almighty God who gave it and my body to the earth to be buried in a Christian-like manner direction of my executor hereinafter named, and after my debts and funeral expenses are paid I devise and bequeath as follows, viz:

To my four sons, Henry Baker, John Baker, Andrew Baker, and Jacob Baker, I give and devise the quarter section on which I now reside the same being the NE 1/4 S.11, T.7, R.7, the said 1/4 section to be divided into 4 equal parts by right lines running north and south, the said lots to be numbered from east to west, the first or eastern lot to belong to Henry Baker, the second to John Baker, the 3rd to Jacob Baker, and the 4th or western lot to Andrew Baker, each to pay the sum of $125.00 to my 4 daughters and granddaughter hereinafter named, 1/2 to be paid in 2 years and the remaining half within 3 years from my decease.

I give and devise to my 5 (sic) daughters, Eleanor Martin, Sarah Ingraham, Margaret Baker, Elizabeth Reynolds and Mary Ann Stephens, dau. of my dau. Elizabeth Reynolds all my personal property.

To Mary Stephens 1 bed and bedding, a bureau and cow, and all the dresser wares and the remainder of my personal property to my daughters and granddaughter, share and share alike, or to as many of them as may be living at my decease.

John Baker and Andrew Baker to be my executors - dated 13 Nov 1852, and witnessed by James Atkinson and G.H. Hays.

(Source: Records of the Court of Common Pleas, Record Book 18, page 362-363 - 4 Sep 1871 found in Fedorchak, unknown volume, page 84-85 - furnished by Ray Alfred Stewart)

*****

Email: Dick.Henthorn@gmail.com
Posted: 22 Sep 2009
File: 18521113.txt

No comments: