Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Will of David Jennings, Jr. - 18510102

Last Will and Testament
of
David Jennings, Jr.
Menallen Township, Fayette Co. PA
2 Jan 1851

I David Jennings of Menallin Township, Fayette County, Pa. being weak and infirm in body but sound of mind and memory and calling to mind the mortality of the body and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die and I do here by make and ordain this to be my last will and testament and here by this do revoke all others here to fore made or published. My body I recommend to the earth to be buried in a decent Christian like manner and as touching such worldly estate as I may die possessed of I give and dispose of in the following way, to wit, I will unto my son Enoch one certain piece or parcel of land lying and being in Morgan County in the State or Ohio on which he now lives adjoining the lands of E. Tolbridge on the north and John Rusk on east and others, containing about eighty acres.

Item, I will and bequeath unto my son John the sum of two hundred dollars to be paid to him by my executors on or before the first of January, eighteen hundred and fifty two.

Item, I will and bequeath unto my son David's children that piece or parcel of land that I purchased of Jese Plummer, laying in Allen Co, State of Ohio near the forks of Hogg Creek adjoining the land of John Claybough on the east and Staly on the south.

Item, I will and bequeath unto my son Benjamin that piece or parcel of land I purchased of Barnet Wyer lying in Allen Co., State of Ohio being the north half of the south fourth of section twenty five in Township nine, south of range eight. I will and bequeath unto my son Jared that piece or parcel of land I purchased of the United States laying in Allen Co., State of Ohio, section two, Township three, range eight the south half of the northwest quarter being on the waters of Sugar Cr.

Item, I will and bequeath unto my son Elijah the south part of my farm according to a survey made by Joseph Boyd, subject to the following reservations that is to say that my son Henry is to have the prevealedge of as much stove cole out of the bank now opened or anyone that may be opened as will serve for house use. Also a piece of ground of the following dimention including the graveyard that is to say commencing at a walnut in the south east corner and running six perches due west and running six perches due north and running six perches due east and running six perches due south to the place of the beginning.

Also my son Elijah is subject to the payment of one hundred dollars to my son John in the time specified in this my will and bequeath unto my son Henry the north part of my farm according to a survey made by J. Boyd.

I also will to my son Henry all my moveable property. My son Henry also subject to the payment of one hundred dollars to my son John as is prescribed in this my will.

And last I do nominate constitute and appoint my sons Elijah and Henry both of the Twp. of Menallen and County of Fayette to be my sole executors of this my last will and testament in witness whereof I here unto set my hand and seal this second day of January 1851,

Signed sealed and pronounced and delivered by the said David Jennings as his last will and testament in the presence of us.
William Malaby
Simon Johnson David Jennings SEAL

(Note: David died on May 23, 1851 and his will brought to probate on June 14, 1851)

*****
Email: Dick.Henthorn@gmail.com
Posted: 22 Sep 2009
File: 18510102.txt

No comments: