Monday, March 8, 2010

Will of Catharine (Frazier) Ridgeway - 18290526

Will
of
Catharine (Frazier) Ridgeway
Widow of Lott Ridgeway (d. 1796)
Monongalia, VA
26 May 1829

I Catharine Ridgeway being weak in body but of sound mind and memory do make this my last will and testament this 26 day of May 1829.

First, I desire that all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid out of my personal estate.

Secondly, I will and desire that my son Lott Ridgeway shall have all the land conveyed to me by John Moore and Pheve his wife for fourty four acres on ***** run except for two acres to be laid off in a square to include the sand spring and to join Henry Shavers line, which two acres I will to all my children thats liveing to wit: Noah Ridgeway, Rachel Jaco, Patty Jeffery, Phebee Moore, Sarah Henthorn, Mary Watson, Darcus Pierpoint and Lott Ridgeway and their heirs forever to have equal and joint interests in the same.

Thirdly, I will to Harriest Foster one bed and bedding and one cow, one spinning wheel and reel.

Fourthly, I will to Noah Ridgeway all my sheep.

Fifthly, I desire that whatever personal property or money there may be left after my debts and funeral expenses are paid that the same shall be delivered by my executors to Darcus Pierpoint.

Sixthly and lastly, I appoint Zacquill Pierpoint and Lott Ridgeway executors to this my last will and testament.

Signed sealed published and declared by the said Catharine Ridgeway to be her last will and testament in presence of us who attested the same in her presence and at her request.

Catharine Ridgeway

Larkin Pierpoint
Jonah Vandervort

No comments: